The CAD drawings are finished.
So far so good. I have been uploading photos to facebook.
Robert made 2 wooden rails for the control board. They are not finished yet but they are usable. He wants to counter sink the holes for the bolts, cut the length down, sand the ends to a radius. I am gonna let him. That should be done this weekend.
For some reason I decided I want the layout drawn out. I started playing with a CAD program for track layouts and so far that is going really well. I have the two perimeter loops put in. The software runs in Windows, Mac and Linux. You can load the file I made and runs trains on it. It is cute.
* WPG2 Plugin Not Validated ** WPG2 Plugin Not Validated ** WPG2 Plugin Not Validated *
First successful Train Day. My original plan was to get the control board mounted before anything else was done. I wanted to fix the wiring after that.
I did not get the main control board mounted. I did replace 3 light
bulbs and reconnected the wires in the ceiling fan. If I had done those in a different order I might only have replaced 1 light bulb… ah well.
It looks like the control board (ok…*main* control board – there are two) will just need 2 boards, 2 holes drilled and some bolts to hold them together. I did not realize Robert was going to be out of town this weekend or I would have tried a bit harder to get that done before today. Ah well (X2).
I tried to lay down 1 piece of track that was lying next to where it belongs. I thought that we did not install it because it was trickier
than just putting it in place. It has insulators on one side. The
metal rail connectors can slide down the track so you slide them out of the way with pliers, place the track and then slide the connector back. The plastic insulators have a center piece that goes all the way up to prevent the rails from touching. That means I have to connect the rails on that end and then tilt the track down. There were 4 angled nails that held the track in place. I pushed them out the top of the track with pliers. I thought this was going well. Once I had the track laid down I found the real reason that track was not in place. The rail is too long.
This track crosses a section of the layout that was separated for
storage. The track is the width of the saw blade too long. Dang.
* WPG2 Plugin Not Validated ** WPG2 Plugin Not Validated ** WPG2 Plugin Not Validated ** WPG2 Plugin Not Validated *